Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Been awhile

It's been awhile since the last post....a LONG while. And lots has happened since then. Quick rundown....


We bought a house just outside the Atlanta city limits. It's a great first time buyer house and we enjoyed 2 years living there. We are renting the house out to some great tenants for now.

We are now living in NYC while Travis attends Columbia University. He begins his program in the fall for his MBA. I just (JUST!) got a teaching job with a great charter school here in the city called Harlem Success Academy. I'm really excited about the opportunity. It's going to be a lot of work, and probably very hard, but I think it will make me an even better teacher. This school offers lots of feedback and professional development, so I'm really looking forward to working there. I report on Monday to be shipped out to Long Island for a "retreat" to really learn about the culture of the school and get to know my coworkers and principal. It should be exciting.

Travis is doing a pre-MBA internship with Deloitte and loving the experience. It seems like a really great company to work for.

Working at Pace the last few years was great. I loved coaching, especially cross country, and built some great relationships with my coworkers whom I'm going to miss very much. I'm so thankful I was able to work there and continue to build on my teaching experience. I have really been able to get a wide variety of experience, which is great b/c I feel I am marketable to a lot of different schools.

So that's a really quick version of the last 2 years. I'm loving NY so much more this time around. I love that already I have more friends than the first time b/c of our built in social network with Columbia. I am already missing hanging out so much with some of the girls I met last week at the Deloitte conference. Thank goodness we have 2 years!

Well, off for now. Perhaps I'll do better about blogging....we'll see :)

No comments: